Thursday, July 9, 2009

I could say I told you so...

well well well, it's always nice to have my ideas corroborated by independent 3rd parties like this.

In case you don't feel like reading that article, the long and the short of it is that an independent auditing firm, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, has come to the conclusion that Internet delivery of instant-on HD content is still years away. I don't know where they pulled the year 2015 from, but it sounds as good as any, I suppose.

Some of you...ok the 1 or 2 of you that might actually read my drivel, might remember this post of mine, where I said the same thing and relied on the same reasoning to reach my conclusion.

the bottom line: most people don't have a fast enough connection to enable instant streaming of HD content of the same quality found on a blu-ray disk. I still think that Internet distribution is the future, but we simply aren't there yet, and now it would appear that we have bigger fish to fry.

No comments: